Reporting and client service
Work with a dedicated advisory team.
- Receive timely market updates and perspectives
- Count on agile implementation of solutions
- Investment horizons up to three years
- Focus on portfolio income and return objectives
- Disciplined approach to changing rate cycles
Reporting and client service
Strategies for optimizing your cash
SVB Asset Management anticipates and responds to your ever changing cash management needs. Our experience is rooted in working with innovation economy companies that seek a trusted partner.
Experience & insights
Our signature research and peer analysis help you understand how industries and investors are driving change and how your business can benefit.
Featuring a team of seasoned professionals who work hand in hand with you on your investments, we serve as an extension of your treasury team.
We act in accordance with prudent investor standards, placing the interests of our clients ahead of our own and avoiding conflicts of interest.
With our high-touch service, we are well positioned to anticipate and respond to your cash management needs.
Understand the trends that affect investment (cash) management
SVB Asset Management's monthly Market Insights covers current topics on portfolio management, credit considerations and market events that influence corporate investment strategy.
This month’s main article, Challenges Yield Opportunities, observes that while not exempt from market volatility, fixed income markets can potentially provide incremental yields for corporate cash investors, and challenges seen in this environment may result in more opportunities.
This month’s main article, No Such Thing as a Free Lunch, compares the asset management structure of a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) with that of a broker-dealer. In addition, it emphasizes that investors should be offered transparency in terms of the fees they are paying for services and should be aware of the hidden costs that some broker-dealers may charge.
This month’s main article, The Base Case — A Closer Look at CPI, emphasizes the importance of understanding the nuances of the “base effects” of the inflation calculation by interpreting the components of the Consumer Price Index (CPI), and examining the outlook for future CPI releases and monetary policy.
This month’s main article, Peeking Past this Peak, anticipates the end of the Fed’s historic rate hiking cycle, but considers different scenarios that may materialize if economic predictions do not hold true.
The July article, Cash Management—The Paradox of Choice, recognizes that as part of the broader treasury function, investing corporate cash balances is a complex process that can benefit from dedicated expertise and resources in a dynamic investment environment.
The June article, Shifting Focus, examines the factors that are contributing to today’s market uncertainties, and conflicting indicators of the economy’s health that make the Fed’s job to set rates more difficult.
The May 2023 article, FHLBs are In Vogue, looks at a type of U.S. government agency bond — the Federal Home Loan Banks (FHLB) — as an appealing alternative to Treasuries for investors who desire a secure investment with potentially attractive returns, as well as a way to diversify and mitigate risks in light of current market volatility.
Going Deep on ABCP examines asset-backed commercial paper as a short-term investment type that potentially enhances both diversification and yield, and supports the primary objectives of safety and liquidity in our clients’ portfolios.
SVB is with you from seed stage through IPO and beyond.
We help you navigate through ups and downs, with purpose-built solutions for every stage of your business journey.
Startup experts with connections, advice and solutions to help support your company as you grow.
- Free Checking1 Free unlimited wires, bill pay, mobile deposits with no monthly/transaction fees.
- Up to 5.10% annual percentage yield on qualifying balances2 Our startup money market account helps grow your savings and your business.
- 2X Unlimited Rewards3 Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on your SVB Innovator Card.
- Accept Credit and Debit Card Payments Accept card payments, whether e-commerce or in person - fast and easy.
Series A, B, and C+ Stages
The products and services that matter for growth-driven startups and executives.
- Banking Services Tools to manage transactions and payment requirements of high-growth companies.
- Venture Debt Debt solutions4 to help you build value while minimizing equity dilution.
- Global Payments and FX Transaction systems to support global payments and revenue growth.5
More than 30 years of experience and insights for late-stage private and public companies.
- Lending and Capital solutions A full range of solutions to help mature companies fuel growth and expansion.
- Treasury Management Solutions Solutions for global payments, FX risk, reporting and cash flow management.
- SVB Private Bank Tax-efficient investment strategies for personal assets and banking needs.