Global Life Science and Healthcare
We help companies advancing the future of healthcare scale effectively at every stage of growth.
Diagnostics and Tools
We work with companies just like yours
Our clients consist of the top companies and investors across key sectors of life sciences and healthcare.
*All companies listed above are independent third parties and not affiliated with SVB Financial Group.
Your partner in driving the future of healthcare
Our global footprint gives you access to market insights, investors and financial solutions on your path to growth.
Head of Leveraged Finance and Sponsor Coverage
Keith Cox is the Head of Leveraged Finance and Sponsor Coverage for Silicon Valley Bank in Boston, Massachusetts.
Head of Business Development, Healthcare Leveraged Finance and Corporate Banking
Greg leads SVB’s Healthcare Leveraged Finance and Sponsor Coverage practice which supports companies’ complex financing needs and middle market private equity investors.
Senior Market Manager, Business Planning and Head of Mid-Atlantic and Southeast
Laura leads business planning for SVB's Life Science and Healthcare practice and oversees business development and relationship management in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast markets.
Head of Early Stage
Ben leads SVB’s seed stage life science and healthcare effort in the US, spending his time building relationships with early stage companies and key forces in the healthcare ecosystem.
Jennifer Friel Goldstein
Jennifer is the managing partner for Life Science and Healthcare at SVB Capital with more than 20 years of experience in the VC and startup market segments.
Managing Director, Life Science and Healthcare
Anne leads SVB’s relationship with companies in Canada’s life science market and thrives on supporting these companies as they influence the next breakthrough.
We partner with the most innovative life science and healthcare companies to help them move their bold ideas forward.
Working together to target cancer
- “Silicon Valley Bank has been a great partner to us from the company’s earliest days, and our relationship has only evolved as we’ve grown. The team is courteous, respectful and has high-integrity. I would recommend them to any entrepreneur.”
President and CEO, Mythic Therapeutics
Improving healthcare, growing strong
- “SVB understands the complexities of our business and industry. They developed customized financing solutions for us, so we can keep our focus on helping physicians across the country deliver better care for their patients. We are thrilled with the results.”
Farzad Mostashari, M.D.
Founder and CEO, Aledade
Pivoting for promise in psoriasis treatment
- “Silicon Valley Bank and SVB Securities provide us with the financial services and support needed to accelerate our growth.”
CEO, DICE Therapeutics
Innovating a cutting-edge surgical tool
- “We’ve relied on SVB as our banking partner for years, and we were very pleased with the runway capital solutions they provided to take Activ to the next level. SVB knows us, the industry and our business.”
CEO, Activ Surgical
DIAGNOSTICS AND TOOLS
Micro-tumor production grows hope in the fight against cancer
- “SVB has been a valued partner in our path to growth, coming in with the financial backing at the early stage enabling us to bring the vision of MicroOrganoSphere technology to life.”
Xiling Shen, Ph.D.
Co-founder and CEO, Xilis
Grow with confidence
The financial stress of unpredictable development timelines, regulations and reimbursement cycles can stand in the way of innovation and growth. SVB has the insights, guidance and resources to help you scale effectively at every stage of growth.
Connect to the global SVB network
- Meet the VCs we work with
- Find your next hire through SVB's exclusive job board
- Get introduced to specialized service providers
- Define and achieve your strategic, capital markets and investment objectives with support from SVB Securities
- Benefit from market intelligence and strategic advice
- Form connections with management teams and institutional investors
- Access to investing data based on indications
- Access to discover and navigate the life science ecosystem
- Ability to explore how your science is interconnected
SVB in China
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Forum
- Access ideas from DE&I leaders
- Discover highly-relevant presentations
- Participate in the conversation
Strategies for Growth Beyond Series A: eBook
They understand the value of relationships. They wanted my business when Twist was nobody.
Sophisticated solutions tailored to your lifestage
SVB Asset Management
Helping high-growth clients achieve their investment objectives through exercising fiduciary care as a trusted advisor. Learn more
Ready to get started?
See how SVB can help your business scale confidently for growth.
Explore life sciences and healthcare insights
Proprietary insights to keep leaders on the cutting-edge of their sector and industry.
Healthcare Investments and Exits
SVB's Healthcare Investments and Exits Q1 2023 review examines trends and analysis for biopharma, healthtech, dx/tools, and device. Download to read the report.
Healthcare Investments and Exits: Strong Venture Fundraising for Healthcare During Times of Uncertainty
Join Mira Chaurushiya, Ph.D, Senior Partner, Westlake Village BioPartners; Deena Shakir, Partner, Lux Capital; Jon Norris, Managing Director, Healthcare at SVB; and moderator Sarah Pringle, Health Tech Reporter, Axios as they discuss the latest healthcare trends and insights from SVB’s Healthcare Investments and Exits Mid-Year 2022 review.
Blog | Life Science & Healthcare
Investors from TPG and Andreessen Horowitz share insights for navigating the downcycle in healthcare
Investors from TPG and Andreessen Horowitz share insights for navigating the downcycle in healthcare.
News | July 11, 2022
SVB Securities Continues Expansion of its Technology Equity Research Team with the Addition of Jackson Ader
Healthcare Investments and Exits Annual 2022
SVB's Healthcare Investments and Exits Annual 2022 review examines trends and analysis for biopharma, healthtech, dx/tools, and device. Download to read the report.
Healthcare Investments and Exits: Reshaping Healthcare After Covid-19
The pandemic created enormous disruption across the global economy. But few industries felt it more than healthcare — and life science innovators everywhere have responded to the challenge. Join SVB as we discuss and take questions on our latest Healthcare Investments and Exits Report.
Blog | Life Science & Healthcare
How to raise startup funds in a tough market — according to a life science investor
How do you raise capital when the economy tightens? A healthcare investor at Mubadala Capital Ventures explains how he funds life science startups — and what founders can do to boost their fundraising strategies.
News | July 11, 2022
Healthcare Investments and Exits Mid-Year 2022
SVB's Healthcare Investments and Exits Mid-Year 2022 review examines trends and analysis for biopharma, healthtech, dx/tools, and device. Download to read the report.
Get regular updates from SVB’s healthcare practice