On January 17, 2018, SVB's Wine Division hosted a live wine industry videocast discussion focused on growth trends and predictions for 2018. The discussion was led by Rob McMillan, Founder of SVB's wine practice, and featured industry experts Gretchen Boock, Chief Executive Officer, Dobbes Family Estate / Wines By Joe, Mary Jo Dale, Marketing Director, Americas, Vinventions / Nomacorc and Paul Mabray, Wine Industry Digital Futurist and Director, Getemetry.com.
Watch the video replay for expert analysis of the following topics:
- The impact of the retiring baby boomer consumer on premium price wine segments or how generational changes are impacting wine demand
- Evidence of changing consumer preference
- Trends in winery sales to restaurants
- The relationship between increases in wine region tourism and tasting room visitation.
- Challenges and opportunities in e-commerce
- Rob McMillan, EVP and Founder, Premium Wine Division, Silicon Valley Bank
- Gretchen Boock, Chief Executive Officer, Dobbes Family Estate / Wine by Joe
- Mary Jo Dale, Marketing Director, The Americas, Vinventions/Nomacorc
- Paul Mabray, Wine Industry Digital Futurist and Director, Getemetry.com
Learn more about Silicon Valley Bank's Premium Wine Division