SVB FRAUD PREVENTION TOOLS AND SERVICES
Integrating fraud prevention can help your business to grow and evolve without unwanted and costly interruptions. Silicon Valley Bank offers easy to use preventive tools, services and guidance to help you mitigate your risk of fraud.
Fraud Control Services (FCS) – Positive Pay
Check fraud mitigation.
- Better fraud mitigation and internal controls for demand deposit accounts.
- Compare cleared checks with issued checks and decide which unmatched checks should be paid or returned.
- Choice of Standard Check Positive Pay or Standard Check Positive Pay with Payee Verification.
IBM Security Trusteer Rapport®
Online fraud mitigation.
- Software that works alongside existing firewalls and antivirus solutions.
- Multilayer mitigation to help secure user devices against financial malware infections and phishing attacks.
- Helps detect and remove existing malware to create a safer online experience.
- Helps protect against identity theft by safeguarding personal information.
ACH Blocks and Filters
ACH fraud mitigation.
- ACH blocks prevent unauthorized incoming ACH debits and/or credits from posting to an account.
- ACH blocks should be placed on all accounts where received ACH activity is not likely.
- Filters allow a list of authorized companies to post ACH transactions to an account.
- Filters can be placed on accounts where received ACH activity is authorized only for certain originators.
- Requires that set up and modifications be approved by a second client administrator.
- Second set of eyes can help spot processing errors.
- Reduces the likelihood of falling victim to fraud scams, including Business Email Compromises.
- Mitigates risk of internal fraud and embezzlement.
Enable notifications for the criteria you choose.
- Sets limits on wires to require additional approval prior to sending.
- For the creation, modification or deletion of user profiles.
- When new accounts are added.
- When a user is challenged at login.
- For balances and transaction monitoring.
Your Next Steps
- Contact your SVB Relationship Advisor or Client Services for information on fraud protection tools and services.
- See the latest helpful fraud prevention articles and webcasts in the SVB Perspectives section.
IBM Security Trusteer Rapport® is an IBM software product offered by Silicon Valley Bank. IBM is solely responsible for the performance and maintenance of its product, as well as for related customer service and support. Rev. 8.08.18