SVB Insights for
In partnership with
Silicon Valley Bank knows the innovation economy like no other bank. Every day, we work with technology and life science/healthcare leaders who are inventing the future. Download the Venture Monitor report for our unique insights in the quarterly PitchBook-NVCA Venture Monitor, the industry’s authoritative source of venture capital trends and data.
One year after one of the worst quarters ever for early stage venture, 2Q21 represents the new high-water mark for positive early stage exits and markups, according to AngelList.
1Q21 markup rates for early stage startups on AngelList increased to their highest level ever. Founders raised capital with increased frequency compared to last year, and valuations were up at nearly every stage of the startup lifecycle.
"SVB Q&A: How hedge funds are influencing venture fundraising"
By Sunita Patel
Chief Business Development Officer, Technology & Healthcare
- April 14, 2021 -Shai Goldman, Managing Director, Venture Capital Relationship Management, (VCRM), Silicon Valley Bank SVB Q&A: Attracting and retaining pre-partner talent More
- January 14, 2021 - Devika Patil, Managing Director Venture Capital Relationships, Silicon Valley Bank & Susan Winter, Head of Syndications, Silicon Valley Bank SVB: Why SPACs Now? More
- October 13, 2020 - Katherine Andersen, Head of Life Science & Healthcare Relationship Banking, Silicon Valley Bank SVB: Healthcare investing hits new highs More
- July 14, 2020 - Jennifer Friel Goldstein, Head of Business Development, Technology and Healthcare, Silicon Valley Bank SVB Q&A: Adaptation and Acceleration in Venture Capital More
- July 9, 2019 - Sulu Mamdani, Partner, SVB Capital Q&A with Sulu Mamdani on 2019's banner year for liquidity More
- July 9, 2019 - Jacqueline vonReichbauer, Head of Family Office Practice The Growing Impact of Family Offices More
- April 9, 2019 - Claire Lee, Head of Early Stage Practice Q&A with Claire Lee on the state of startups More
- April 9, 2019 - Ben Johnson, Head of Early Stage Life Science How Life Science Accelerators Drive Innovation More
- January 10, 2019 - Greg Becker, Chief Executive Officer, Silicon Valley Bank Q&A: SVB CEO’s view of the venture ecosystem More
- January 10, 2019 - Bob Blee, Head of Corporate Finance, Silicon Valley Bank Harvesting a Decade of Innovation: Will IPO Trends Continue in 2019? More
PitchBook Data and National Venture Capital Association are unaffiliated with SVB Financial Group.
This material, including without limitation to the statistical information herein, is provided for informational purposes only. The material is based in part on information from third-party sources that we believe to be reliable, but which have not been independently verified by us and for this reason we do not represent that the information is accurate or complete. The information should not be viewed as tax, investment, legal or other advice nor is it to be relied on in making an investment or other decision. You should obtain relevant and specific professional advice before making any investment decision. Nothing relating to the material should be construed as a solicitation, offer or recommendation to acquire or dispose of any investment or to engage in any other transaction.