Global Fund Banking
Global banking for funds, innovators and entrepreneurs. Lending Done Right, Right now.
Partnering with clients worldwide
We have helped these leading managers seize opportunity.
*All companies above are independent third parties and not affiliated with SVB Financial Group.
Dedicated experts to support your growth
Our client centric model is designed to create deep relationships and fast, flexible solutions.
Managing Director, Global Fund Banking
Emily leads Relationship Management within the team and is responsible for new client origination across the UK and Europe.
As a Relationship Director, Mirza is responsible for client origination and providing bespoke fund-level debt solutions across EMEA
Jen Whelan is a Director in the Global Fund Banking team based in London and is responsible for structuring and delivering solutions to Private Equity and Venture Capital clients.
Aleksandra Cison is a Relationship Director for the Global Fund Banking team. She is responsible for client origination and delivering bespoke solutions for clients in the UK and Europe.
Ryan is a Director in the Global Fund Banking team responsible for structuring and delivering financing solutions for private equity and venture capital clients.
Banking Services and connections to help support your business goals
The banking, tools and access to help you accelerate growth.
Capital Lines of Credit
- Quick access to capital to fund investments
- Blend of committed and flexible components, meeting individual swings in capital demand
- Single advance rate against all limited partners
- The facility can be structured as a revolving credit or a term loan
- Up to 2 year draw period and recycling window
- Lean covenant structure
GP Co-Investment Facilities
- Bespoke co-investment solutions for partners and employees, no personal recourse
- Interest only period, followed by an amortisation period, thereby mirroring cashflow streams to repay the facility
- Repayment is driven by share of proceeds from distributions (equivalent to % contributed by SVB in relation to total GP commitments)
Fund Guaranteed Loans
- Bridge to alternative financing option or pending liquidity event. Cash recapture from both sources.
- Replace, reduce or revise equity or debt capital for investments which are in transition
- Up to 70% of Enterprise Value of Portfolio Company, guaranteed by fund, with resource to Remaining Callable Capital as part of Capital Call Line of Credit
How we’ve helped leading managers seize opportunity
Clients come to us because we pride ourselves on being creative problem-solvers. Here’s a look at how we helped them achieve success.
The industry’s largest and most experienced GFB team means we can take time to understand your business, and have the expertise to advise confidently.
This size and structure means you have direct access to decision makers so we can tailor specifically to your needs in ways others in the industry may not.
All this, plus our ‘Right now’ philosophy means we move quickly and with assurance, so you can act on decisions and seize the opportunities in a fast-moving market.
SVB believes in patient support through highs and lows. With depth of experience & breadth of perspective, we see the big picture.
Providing valuable insights and connections to our community
We consider ourselves part of the communities we serve, providing insight and regular events that prove popular with our attendees.
Sector focused events
Sector focused events such as Venture Capital roundtable.
FX update event
Provides insight into foreign exchange markets.
Diversity in focus
Join the Women in funds dinner series.
Celebrating success with our clients.
Providing valuable insights to our community. History shows market volatility brings opportunity – when guided by deep expertise and partnerships built on shared goals.
Participate in exclusive webinars designed to support you with key insights and information.
Our global presence
Our international offices
Subsidiary of Silicon Valley Bank: London (Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited).
Business development offices: Shanghai, Beijing, Dublin, Vancouver and Montreal.
Representative offices: Copenhagen, Hong Kong, Stockholm and Tel Aviv.
Lending branches: Frankfurt and Toronto.
SVB's joint venture bank, SPD Silicon Valley Bank: Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen and Suzhou