A letter from our CEO
I am pleased to announce that SVB Financial Group’s acquisition of Boston Private has closed and Boston Private is now an SVB company.
For nearly 40 years, SVB has helped individuals and companies grow and succeed via four core businesses: commercial banking, investment banking, private banking & wealth management as well as fund management via SVB Capital. SVB has learned from and become a driving force in the innovation economy by supporting the entrepreneurs building new companies as well as the investors who finance them and the many others who help this economy thrive.
Together, SVB and Boston Private are well positioned to meet and exceed your expectations of service and deliver the understanding, guidance and solutions needed to help build your wealth and expand opportunities for generations to come.
Our approach to personal banking, wealth and trust is built around you:
- We work with you to help define the goals and aspirations you have for yourself, your family, your business and your philanthropic interests
- Our team of experts partners with you to create a purpose-driven plan, based on your portfolio of objectives
- We are not focused on beating a benchmark or index; instead, we are committed to helping you achieve your goals and realize your desired outcomes - every step of the way
This approach has not and will not change.
I'm pleased to introduce you to three individuals on my leadership team.
- Yvette Butler, President of SVB Private Banking & Wealth Management Since 2018, Yvette has held the role of Head of SVB’s Private Bank Wealth Advisory & Wine. Before joining SVB, Yvette launched a media fintech startup called Impart Wealth and continues to serve as a strategic advisor. Yvette was also President of Capital One Investing and held leadership roles at Wells Fargo Advisors and E*Trade.
- Jim Brown, Head of Specialty Commercial An executive at Boston Private for over two decades, Jim will leads the Commercial Banking Group nationally. Jim has led the group from its early days, growing loans and deposits from $200 million each to more than $4 billion and $5 billion, respectively. He has served as Vice Chair of the bank’s Executive Loan Committee and has been a Director of Boston Private Bank and Trust and Boston Private Wealth. Before joining Boston Private, Jim was a commercial loan officer at State Street Bank.
- John Longley, Head of Private Bank, Wealth, Trust and Wine Based in San Francisco, John is Boston Private's President of Western Region, responsible for the leadership and oversight of all West Coast activities. Prior to joining Boston Private, John was CEO and co-founder of Dobot, a fintech company that developed personal finance applications and was acquired in 2018. He previously was Head of Private Wealth at BlackRock and CEO of Citi Private Bank North America.
Yvette, Jim and John each have more than 25 years of experience in the financial services industry, have formed a strong partnership and have an intimate understanding of our clients’ needs and challenges.
SVB and Boston Private are committed to ensuring this will be a smooth transition for you and all our clients. For now, it’s business as usual. Your Boston Private advisors and support teams will not change, and they will continue to provide the level of personalized service and expertise you have come to expect from Boston Private. The one change you may notice is the Boston Private logo, which has been updated to reflect our new relationship with SVB.
Thank you for your continued trust and for choosing Boston Private.
CEO, SVB Private Banking & Wealth Management