|External Transfers is only available in Private Client Edition|
The External Transfers feature allows you to link your Digital Banking accounts to bank accounts at other financial institutions for the purpose of transferring money.Restrictions
- Transfers can only be made between SVB Private and US-based institutions.
- Certain dollar limits are placed on a per-transaction and daily transaction level.
- Minimum transfer amount is $10.00.
- Account must have enough funds in available balance to cover outbound transfer amount at the time of initiation.
|Three Day Service||Available to all private clients with an SVB Private Checking or Savings account.|
|Next Day Service||Available after a total of $1,000 of successful 3-day transfers have been processed. Option is accessible the day after the $1,000 amount is satisfied.|
|Instant Transfer Inbound||Available after a total of $1,000 of successful 3-day transfers have been processed. Option is accessible the day after the $1,000 amount is satisfied.|
|Instant Transfer Outbound||Available after a total of $1,000 of successful 3-day transfers have been processed. Option is accessible five days after the $1,000 amount is satisfied.|
Log in to Digital Banking and select “Transfers & Payments” – External Accounts
At first time enrollment, review and agree to the Terms of Service. Scroll to the bottom and click on I Agree.
Consent to receive Text Messages by pressing OK. This step only applies to initial enrollment in the External Transfers service.
Text messages are sent on certain actions taken within the External Transfers service.
You can alter some notification settings after enrollment from within the External Transfers feature under the Preferences menu.
Confirm the Phone Number is correct
That's it! You're now enrolled in the External Transfers service.
To add a new account, Select “Add a New Account” on the Create Transfer screen
Add external account information and click “Next”
Verify your external bank account – the system attempts to verify your external account/identity using commercially-available databases. If the verification is successful, access to the external account is immediate and you can initiate a transfer.
If the account could not be validated immediately, you have two options:
- Verify instantly which will utilize the external financial institution’s verification, for example online banking login credentials or generation of a security code
- Verify with bank deposits where small deposits are generated to the external bank which takes 1 to 2 days.
Verify instantly by entering the information requested by your external financial institution.
During this process you may be prompted for additional information like a one-time pin or security questions depending on your financial institution’s requirements.
Verify with Bank deposits will deposit two small transactions into the external account at your financial institution. Within 1 to 2 days, those transactions should be viewable in the external account at your other financial institution. You will retrieve these amounts in their online system or via your next statement.
- Log in to Digital Banking and navigate to the External Transfer menu.
- Click on Preferences and find the account that needs to be verified.
- Click Verify and enter the two small deposit amounts.
- Click Submit.
The Activity Tab displays up to 6 months of transfer activity
The Preferences Tab allows you to view your account, email and phone number information. You can also add another phone number here.
My Other Accounts – view all of your connected accounts.
My Emails – view and manage all of your authorized email addresses at which you can receive notifications.
My Phone Numbers – view and manage all of your authorized mobile numbers at which you can receive notifications