Healthcare Capital & Connections Summit
September 11 - 13, 2018
The Summit provides healthcare companies and investors many opportunities to make connections beyond the welcome reception and meals. Companies can apply to present in the general session as part of Summit registration. Through Meeting Mojo, investors and companies can see all registrants and schedule meetings.
One-on-one meetings scheduled through Meeting Mojo help you maximize connections with Summit attendees. With Meeting Mojo you can:
- Upload your company’s logo and update your company’s business description
- Find potential investment and business partners who will attend our event
- Schedule 1:1 meeting(s) with prospective partners in advance
Dedicated on-site meeting space allows you to quickly find your scheduled meeting. More than 304 meetings were scheduled through Meeting Mojo at the 2017 Summit.
Sign into Meeting Mojo to schedule meetings and accept meeting requests or update your profile information. You can schedule meetings in advance or during the summit. Meeting planning activity is very high in the two weeks leading up to the summit so check in regularly to schedule and accept meetings
Get Started Scheduling Meetings
- Meeting Mojo Registration: Your Summit registration information is used to automatically register and establish your profile in Meeting Mojo. A welcome email from Meeting Mojo provides your password credentials.
- Log in at the Meeting Mojo website: Enter your email address as your username and the password that was provided in your welcome email. You may update your password at any time. If needed, you can request a new password via the password reset link on the website.
- Request meetings: Click ‘Search’ to browse the company and delegate listings. Click ‘Book Meeting’ and select a mutually available meeting time. A message will be sent to your meeting target, asking them to respond to your request. All meetings are automatically added to your schedule, which you can access online at any time via computer or mobile, or print direct from the website.
- Pending meeting requests: These will be listed at the left of the page when you login - click 'More' to view the senders. To respond, click 'Respond' in the yellow meeting advisory bar below each sender's profile. Any messages sent to you in connection with a meeting are listed in the response pane. Click Confirm or Decline to respond: you can include a short message with your response.
- Set your availability for meetings: Set meeting slots to “Private” when you are unavailable to avoid declining or rescheduling meetings.
If you have any questions regarding Meeting Mojo, please contact us at HCCS@svb.com .
"This conference is incredibly valuable to us – we were able to secure a strategic partner that has already addressed the regulatory hurdles and can deliver customers."
Nick Conley, Co-Founder and CEO, EpiBiome
The Healthcare Capital & Connections Summit has helped EpiBiome navigate the Chinese market. While at the Summit in 2016, Nick and his team visited Shanghai, Taiwan, Hangzhou, Changzhou and Nanjing. They toured incubators looking for space for potential Chinese operations, and met with investors, another phage company and several potential partners. As a result of the trip EpiBiome received a partnership offer from a publicly traded Chinese company that provides high-end clinical diagnostic services to more than 100 large Chinese hospitals.
"Attending the conference substantially changed my thinking about Asia, connected us to future investors and contributed to our successful entry in China."
Max Hodak, Co-Founder and CEO, Transcriptic
Transcriptic raised over $4 million from China now, including a co-lead of our most recent round in a big Chinese strategic which traces back to the Summit and relationships created there. Learn more about how Transcriptic leveraged the Summit to create connections.
Engaging with Investors and Strategic Partners
"Lumira Capital has attended the conference for the past two years, and will be returning again in 2017. We’ve developed connections with Chinese investors and strategic partners that have evolved into deep relationships directly benefiting a number of our portfolio companies in North America, as well as Chinese firms interested in participating directly in our venture funds as strategic investors. There’s no substitute for the type of in-person, repeatable contact with potential partners in China that the intimate setting of the Summit provides."
Gerry Brunk, Managing Director, Lumira Capital