Associate Development Program
"Our clients are literally changing the world, and it is both our opportunity and challenge to help them accomplish their most ambitious goals. That makes for an exciting and inspiring place to work."
— Greg Becker, President and CEO of SVB Financial Group and Silicon Valley Bank
About the program
The vibrancy and development of our Associate core at Silicon Valley Bank is among one of many areas of differentiation in the commercial banking market. By providing a development program that gives advanced education on credit risk assessment, loan portfolio management, and relationship development, Silicon Valley Bank prepares our professionals to serve the needs of our client base in an unparalleled manner.
The Associate Development Program brings our entry level Associates together in two geographies (Palo Alto and Boston) under experienced Program Managers for consistent, standardized training of Associates across the Commercial Bank.
Beyond the training, every associate in this program will help Silicon Valley Bank achieve its goals by supporting the Relationship Teams' efforts, with the expectation that the experience they gain, combined with the continued training, will enable the individual to develop into a highly capable and productive Relationship Team Associate.
Find Associate Development Program Openings
(By searching keywords "Associate Development Program")
Download the program brochure
The primary job responsibilities of an Associate include
- Support loan growth, risk management, and client satisfaction in partnership with relationship teams and other groups
- Assist in monitoring an assigned portfolio of credits including analyzing borrowers' financial performance and loan covenant compliance.
- Work with Relationship Managers, Credit Analysts, and clients to resolve compliance related questions and inquiries.
Skills and Requirements
- Work independently in completing assigned duties.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are important.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be analytical and intellectually curious, with strong problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Ideal candidates must be open to relocation.
- Once on board, Associates must quickly gain a thorough knowledge of Silicon Valley Bank's operations and products as they will be working with sales teams to satisfy client requests. They must be able to collaborate and work effectively with all areas of the Bank including our Global Partners.
For over 25 years, SVB Financial Group and its subsidiaries, including Silicon Valley Bank, have been dedicated to helping entrepreneurs succeed. SVB Financial Group is a financial holding company that serves companies in the technology, life science, private equity and premium wine industries.
Offering diversified financial services through Silicon Valley Bank, SVB Analytics, SVB Capital, SVB Global and SVB Private Bank, SVB Financial Group provides clients with commercial, investment, international and private banking services. Headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., SVB Financial Group operates through 26 offices in the U.S. and international operations in China, India, Israel and the United Kingdom. More information
about us can be found here.
SVB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer.