OFFICIAL SILICON VALLEY BANK TRIVIA CONTEST PRIZE DRAWING RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Silicon Valley Bank ("SVB") Trivia Contest Prize Drawing (the "Drawing") opens November 12, 2009, and closes November 30, 2009. The winner's name will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries received. Participation constitutes entrant's full unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules.
(1) ELIGIBILITY: The promotion is open to legal residents of the United States who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Residents of jurisdictions prohibiting such promotions should consider this offer void. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of SVB, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising promotion and fulfillment agencies, legal advisors, and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Drawing. In the event this Drawing is compromised in any way, electronically or otherwise, that is beyond the control of SVB, SVB reserves the right to withdraw the transmission of this Drawing.
(2) HOW TO ENTER: Participants may enter the Drawing by answering the trivia question and completing the entry information requested at the end of the survey. Entry information will be used solely for contacting survey prize winners for this Drawing. One entry per person is permitted. All entries become the property of SVB and will not be acknowledged or returned. To be eligible for the drawing, an entry must be received by 11:59 P.M., November 30, 2009.
(3) PRIZE: One winner will be selected to receive one (1) 750ml bottle of 2008 Novy Willamette Valley Blanc de Noir. Prize is non-transferable. All federal, state and/or local taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Winner is also responsible for any Internet access fees and service charges.
(4) SELECTION OF WINNER: The winner will be determined by random drawing of all eligible entries received. The draw will be conducted on November 30, 2009. Odds of winning a prize are based on the anticipated number of entries and estimated to be 1 in 35,000. The winner will be notified by e-mail within 5 business days of the selection, at which time a full shipping address and phone number will be required for fulfillment of award. The winner will have 15 days from notification to accept the prize by replying to notification e-mail. SVB is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. All taxes on prizes, including income taxes, and any incidental expenses associated with collection of a prize are the responsibility of the winner. The winner assumes all liability for any damages caused or claimed to be caused by participation or by any prize and releases SVB from any such liability. Winner may be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration or affidavit of eligibility, and where lawful, publicity consent agreement all within 15 days of receipt by winner as a condition of receiving the prize. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails to timely return the completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternative winner selected. Prize will be sent no later than 6 weeks after acceptance of prize. By accepting and/or using the prize, winner agrees to the use of the winner's name, voice, or likeness for the purposes of trade, advertising, or promotion without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
(5) GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Conduct of Drawing and selection of winner are in SVB's sole discretion, and SVB's decisions are final and binding. SVB, agents and representatives of SVB, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, or postage-due entries; (ii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of SVB that may cause the Drawing to be disrupted or corrupted; (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Drawing; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Drawing. By participating in the Drawing, each participant agrees to release and hold SVB and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of SVB, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Drawing or resulting from participant's Drawing participation, acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of SVB, whose decisions are final.
(6) If there are any questions or concerns regarding this survey or this drawing, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a copy of the name of the winner, please contact email@example.com.