First Mover Advantage: The Case for Investing in Life ScienceAugust 08, 2012 Posted by: Jonathan Norris
First Mover Advantage: The Case for Investing in Life Science
This report looks at emerging trends in life science investments, referencing the findings of the tandem report, Continued Rebound: Trends in Life Science Investments.
Even with the extensive discussion about tough times in life science venture investing, investors can achieve lucrative returns if they have fresh capital to deploy. While we agree that the number of venture funds and the overall amount of capital deployed must decrease over the next few years, we remain very upbeat about the prospects for the industry.
The Life Science Industry is a compelling investment opportunity now. • Self-selection of proven partners and funds offer competitive advantage for fresh capital
• Less competition for new deals
• Opportunity to invest in later-stage companies at attractive valuations
• Private, venture-backed M&A increasing
• Three-year trends show continued growth in venture-backed M&A
• 2011 was a compelling...Read More